So Saturday was the start of Va-Voom Vintage’s bullet bra sew along. The stars aligned and I was actually able to join in! I downloaded the size C pattern and was able to throw a quick mock up together in no time to test the size and fit. Good thing it went together quick – too small. I quickly printed out the DD and threw together another mock up – perfect!
I really love the simplicity of this pattern so far. This evening I sat down and cut out my fashion fabric. I wanted a little bit more substance to the fabric than a single layer of cotton so I flat lined two layers of my cotton together and I am treating them as one.
Today’s assignment was to cut out and assemble the cups including completing the spiral stitching. From start to finish it took me about 1 1/2 hours. I french seamed the cups but not the center front seam. Because I used the extra layer of fabric my french seams added a little more bulk than I would like at the center front seam. So I just used a regular seam at CF.
I think they definitely have some pointy potential!