Thought I would take a few minutes to share the progress on a 1950’s inspired dress that I am making for a friend. We took pieces of several different styles of dresses from the 1950’s and this is what we came up with. The polka dot fabric is a high quality quilting cotton and the collar and trim are ivory satin.
I used Wild Ginger’s Pattern Master Boutique 5 to create the pattern to my friend’s measurements. I am very happy with the results! The fit was nearly perfect in the first mock up.
Just need to do the final fitting and finish off all the little details. I think it will be perfect to wear to a May wedding 🙂