So I had a wonderful chocolate brown picked out for the skirt and a beautiful print for a top to go with it, but after looking through the blouse patterns I decided that the printed fabric would not work for any of the blouse patterns.
Back to the drawing board. Then I stumbled across this plaid taffeta that I have had for years. Since this pattern recommended taffeta I thought it would be a good choice to get the real feel of the intended drape of the pattern. My taffeta is, of course, a modern weave and very light weight. So I have decided to line the skirt with muslin to give it a more authentic weight.
I am not sure I am sold on the lavender satin for the the scallop edge, but that is all I have in my stash that matches. I will play around with some contrasting colors and see what I come up with.
I am making the skirt in the size it is printed in. The waist is very close to my own, just not sure how it will fit through the hips. If it doesn’t fit on my person I will put it on the dress form 🙂
Wish me luck!